Saturday, January 3, 2009

Who?

io9 just posted an article claiming who the 11th Doctor will be.

I've never heard of this guy.

I got the faith in Moffat. This guy must have chops for the Moff to go with him.

Don't dash my hopes, Moffat.

I take my "Dr. Who" very, very seriously.

On a related note, I was talking with a one-removed friend at a party on the first. This guy (named Guy) doesn't like Dr. Who.

Now I can appreciate that "Dr. Who" isn't to everyone's tastes. His reason was that he hated Rose Tyler (Billie Piper) and was unimpressed with the Eccleston season of "Who".

To be fair, I was not a huge fan of Rose Tyler, though my distaste for the character grew as she continued in the series. I agree with Guy that Rose's extended family was a giant yawn and/or a huge embarrassment to the series.

And Russell T. Davies did include farting aliens in the first season.

Farting. Aliens.

For that, he (Davies) should probably be beaten, but Eccleston was a rocking Doctor. I wish he'd had a second season to get more into the role before Tennant took over.

Tennant was/is awesome. Some fans think he's to frenzied and over-the top. Silly fans... he's a Doctor. Hello? Seen Tom Baker? Seen Colin Baker? Hell... check out Sylvester McCoy's umbrella.

Over the top? Puh-leeze.

Tennant owned that role. I'm sad to see him go.

I hope this new guy can fill the shoes of the impressive legacy before him.

And I hope Moffat's helm as producer is devoid of some of Davies' trademarks.

'Cause in some ways, I agree with Guy...

No comments: