Thursday, January 8, 2009

And now for another kind of creepy

Saw this on Warren Ellis' blog.

If I ever had any doubts that we, as a species, were going to destroy ourselves... they're gone now.

Actually, Ellis has another post that's quite topical on the Oakland riots. He's bang-on with it.

I understand outrage over a man being shot at point-blank range in a police incident. I get that. Burning random cars and trashing local stores in Oakland? I don't really get that. Hell, on SFGate, one protestor is quoted over some of the damage:

"She should be glad she just lost her business and not her life,"

Yeah... way to win positive attention to your cause, dumbass.

That said, the frustration is understandable. The officer implicated in the death of Oscar Grant has apparently resigned. News stories claim he's not cooperating with investigators. WTF? Yeah, this will end well.

I mean, Grant is on film as unarmed and face down on the ground. He was shot. Under normal circumstances wouldn't the shooter be under arrest? Did I miss something?

The world gets more insane every friggin' day.

No comments: