Friday, January 16, 2009

STOP! FRIDAY TIME!

You're supposed to interpret that title as a clever take on "Stop! Hammer time!"

It's understandable if you don't.

Been quite the week. Work is ramping up. I'm trying to wrap my head around how to handle my part in the projects my team is working on. It's an overly-complex, icky bit of system operation that my team is tweaking. I'm going to have to explain it a fair amount.

So I'm trying to understand it. Bleah.

To keep my head from exploding, I'm running an email role-playing game and updating during breaks or during lunch as well as off-hours. It's logistically challenging. I'm wondering why I find this stuff relaxing.

I finished Joong-cheon this morning. Very pretty movie. Nice fights. The ending made no sense whatsoever.

Seriously. I had no friggin' clue what that was about at the end. I guess I don't care. Very few wuxia-style flicks actually have coherent plots all the way through.

It might have made more sense if I spoke Korean. It may well be a subtitling issue. Another movie I enjoy, Muyeong geom (aka Shadowless Sword) apparently suffers from that. One of my friends speaks Korean and said the subtitles on my copy suck arse.

Nice.

AICN claims Keanu Reeves play Spike in a live adaptation of Cowboy Beebop.

He must be stopped.

No comments: