Monday, January 19, 2009

Rising from the dead

(aka Monday)

The weather report says today is a "spare the air" day. The forecast also predicts possible rain Wednesday and Friday through Saturday. The latter two days are predicted to give us up to an inch of rain.

YAY!!!!

Lord knows we could use five to ten times that amount (spread over many weeks, of course).

Today is also Martin Luther King Jr. day. It's interesting that he's the only private citizen to get a national holiday in his honor. I wish I automatically got the day off. I had to choose between MLK and President's Day. I opted for the later holiday simply out of pragmatic need to break up the loooong stretch between now and Memorial Day.

Of course at this hour, I'm really wishing I'd taken the day.

Ah well.

1 comment:

Schadwen said...

Because goodness knows you've got such a limited pool of vacation to spend.