Friday, January 2, 2009

A difference of dollars

The damn running shoes finally got to the point where they were delivering pain unto me.

I put in those gel soles. Didn't help. Actually made things worse.

After standing in line at REI for fifteen eternally-long minutes, I returned said shoes for the hundred I paid for them and looked around for new ones.

REI failed me. I tried some walking store in Berkeley. Turns out they don't sell running shoes. No help there.

So I went north to El Cerrito. Sketchers Outlet, to be precise.

Forty dollars later, I got home with new running shoes.

I just got back from giving them a test run (jog... stagger... whatever).

Just what I needed.

Funny... the paracord bracelet one of my friends bought me just arrived. It's about a half-inch too loose. Nice little pin-securing mechanism they use, though.

Heh.

No comments: