Monday, January 5, 2009

Time for a chemical dousing

I found an ant on the wall of my bathroom the day before yesterday.

Having lived past places with terrible ant infestations, I overreacted in killing it then tossing the entire bathroom looking for more.

Nada.

I figured I got the scout.

Yesterday, I found two more. I all-but-nuked the entire bathroom in bleach-cleaners.

No sign of 'em yet in the wee-hours of this morning, but it may be that it's still a bit cool for the little f***ers.

It's supposed to be unseasonably warm later this week. That will determine if I nipped this problem in the bud.

Ants. Once the little bastards get to you, it's all over.

And this was the one problem this apartment hasn't had.

Crap.

1 comment:

Schadwen said...

I myself am happy for the obvious success of the chemicals I'm trimmed our windows in. I've found about a dozen dead ants on the kitchen counters over the past week or so. They're all curled up, and no more than one foot from the window. Happier living through chemicals.