Friday, January 23, 2009

My Superpower

I have a superpower.

Okay, I have several, but to reveal them all would endanger my secret identity.

I have one I can reveal, though.

I have incredible timing.

Insert "bad" into the above sentence, and modify "incredible" appropriately.

I was home for the bulk of yesterday. I wasn't really doing much. Just wimpering in pain from my sore muscles, doing laundry, working on some personal projects, and catching up on TV.

I had a package coming from UPS. I knew I'd be home 'till about 5 or so, when I was set to go out, get 'za, and watch "Burn Notice".

UPS tracking said they went out on delivery in the wee hours of the morning.

Yep.

So when did they come by? 7pm

Was I home? Of course not.

Doesn't matter what's going on. If I were home, they would have come by in the five minutes I ran to the store, or was taking a shower, or whatever.

I'm thinking of getting a costume and going around as Captain Badtiming or something like that.

It's a fall-back position if my super villain career stalls.

No comments: