Friday, January 30, 2009

Doom and Gloom

Not exactly the first words that popped into my mind on a Friday morning.

No, the first words were: "What the HELL is that noise? Oh yeah... alarm clock."

Then: "FRIDAY! YAY! I can sleep in tomorrow!"

Then: "Oh wow! I got paid!"

Then I watched, and later read, the news.

Worst drought in California's history was pretty much an eye-opener.

Add to that the craptacular economy, the overall global environmental issues, the global political issues and it's enough to make that bottle look like a really interesting place to retreat to (I hear those little pills are an awesome vacation spot as well).

Meh. It's easy to freak out over stuff like that. We'll adapt somehow. Won't be easy or fun, but life's often like that.

It's not like the Lectroids of the Eigth Dimension are invading or the Visitors have come to steal our water and eat us.

Yet.

There's an easy solution: grant me absolute power over all the Earth and its peoples.

Note I said "easy" not "good".

Happy Friday.

No comments: