Friday, January 30, 2009

Cookie Monster

I wanted to thank my neighbors for feeding me on Sunday as part of the lunar new year celebration.

After gently quizzing the family's daughter earlier in the week, I opted to make my double-chocolate oatmeal cookies.

On the face of it, that was a good idea. They're not too sweet. They have oatmeal in them, so you can pretend they're "healthy". I sub out as many ingredients as possible to make them less horrifically unhealthy (egg beaters instead of eggs, some kind of vegan-non-hydrogenated-fats margarine, etc.), and they still taste good.

I wasn't certain they'd like the cookies, so I took about a third of the batch over. They were happy with the warm cookies and made happy noises, but were content with the plate-full.

So I have the remaining 2/3 of the batch sitting in my freezer now (less temptation for six-legged intruders).

Why the hell didn't I bring them into work? Now I have a whole weekend of terrible temptation...

Mmm... cookies...

Damnit.

No comments: