Saturday, January 17, 2009

Huh 500

500 posts. Weird.

And I just logged-on to comment about REI.

Well, down to business from my chatty self... REI is having a clearance sale on some items. 50% off some stuff.

I am beside myself with glee.

I went there to pick up a (sadly not-discounted) bike helmet and wound up coming home with so much more for so very, very little (relatively).

I am beside myself with... oh wait, I already said that.

So if I'm beside myself, shouldn't I say it twice?

Huh.

An interesting aside... as I walked to REI, I stopped at an ARCO to get something to drink and had the joy of witnessing the most insane lack of customer service I've ever seen.

So apparently some supermarket sold or gave away some free gas cards for ARCO. Apparently said cards had an expiration date.

I walked into ARCO and saw this lady getting into a really nasty shouting match with the guy behind the counter. And I gotta say... the guy behind the counter was a serious dick about it.

There were tons of ways he could have nicely-explained that he was sorry and he couldn't accept the expired card. Instead, he effectively called the woman an illiterate dumbass and started getting kind of personal. A little misogynistic there..

Meh. I bought my drink and took off. I don't expect I'll be giving that ARCO my business ever again.

500 posts. Wow.

I have a lot to say, apparently.

Well, a lot of inane stuff, anyway.

No comments: