Monday, January 5, 2009

What I did on my not-summer vacation

It was only a week and a half, but it was a nice break.

* I finished "The Born Queen" by Greg Keyes. It was okay. Better than I expected, but not a great finish to the series.

* I cleaned my stove (you have no idea what a milestone that is). Okay, I cleaned it as much as I could without using industrial-strength corrosives.

* As mentioned in previous whiny posts, I got new running shoes, returned them, and got even newer running shoes. The newer shoes work nicely.

* I ate ridiculous amounts of food.

* I drank a fair amount, but never really got drunk. Not even on NYE.

* I went hiking.

* I watched way too much TV - both in the form of DVDs and of trash offerings on cable.

* I got a ridiculous amount of sleep.

What I didn't do, but had planned on doing:

* Work on any of my writing projects.

* Work on any of my game-related projects.

* Get signed-up for the martial arts class I want to take (though I did try... they were just closed).

All-in-all, it was a nice break. I had more social engagements than I expected. Good times.

No comments: