Monday, November 3, 2008

Unsolicited Review #4





Three pics! So these two tools are from Leatherman. The bigger one is a Leatherman Skeletool. Very handy tool with pliars, screwdriver (with two reversable bits containing flat head and philips), knife (duh), and a lanyard/bottle-opener. The bottle opener is actually useful, too!

Oddly enough, I find myself using the pliars the most with this tool. The grip is good and the weight is really nice.

The smaller tool is a Leatherman Squirt and that one resides on my over-burdened keychain for the most part. It also has functional pliars as well as a small knife, screwdrivers, nail file, and leather punch. I find it useful for smaller tasks.

In both cases, the knives are quite sharp. The Skeletool's knife locks open, which is handy for keeping fingers attached to the hand and blood on the inside of the body.

The screwdrivers are all pretty standard. The Squirt's screwdrivers are the right size for adjusting glasses, which I tend to find most useful.

Yes, it's more than a little dysfunctional to carry both tools, but I'm used to carting them around, so there you go.

Honestly, I think the Skeletool is a more useful thing to have in the pocket than my Tool Logic SL Pro knife. The only reason I carry both is due to clear neurosis.

And, as usual, I regret nothing.

No comments: