Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Git'in mah drink on

Today and tomorrow, the two days with rain in the forecast, I'm supposed to go out for drinks.

My timing. It is the best.

Tomorrow's drink outing will likely be the intense one as my friend Mackie and I are settling our election bet. If my movies come in, we'll be wrapping down with some "Scanners" fun.

Good times.

I'm looking forward to Turkey Day and feeling appreciative of the family goodness. One of my friends at work is without any close family in the area. She isn't really sure where she'll be come Turkey Day. I considered asking my mom if we have space for one more, but I know we don't and I don't want to put my mom on the spot.

And asking a friend from work - someone I really don't know terribly well - to hang with my family for a holiday would be whole new levels of awkward and weird.

So now I'm in that weird place where I feel bad for my friends who are far from their family/friends/loved ones while simultaneously feeling incredibly lucky that mine are so close and available in the holidaze season.

Wow. That was sappy.

Meh.

No comments: