Friday, November 14, 2008

Musings during a waning moon

What is it about Fridays that are so awesome?

Oh yeah. Saturday is tomorrow. That's what.

Though it helps that today is PAYDAY!!!

---

Had one of "those" conversations with a friend of mine the other day about the nature of reality. ("Those" conversations are the kind that should have alcohol or something mind-altering to help speed it along, but didn't because of where we had the conversation, but again, I digress...).

It's interesting how enamoured people get with illusion. I'm no different. I love my illusions. Love 'em dearly. I think that's why I enjoy table-top RPGs so much. I can create entire worlds of pure illusion and make them do whatever I want. My DVD collection and insane number of comics as well as my insane list of webcomics I review is likely another reflection.

It begs the question: how much illusion is "too much"? At what point do we cross the line between what's real and what's illusion to drive into that fun realm called insanity?

There's the simple examples: the crazy stalkers, the people who would rather pay for video games or comic books than food or rent, the people who perform horrible actions in the name of their god, etc.

All cynicism aside, those situations aren't all that common. Okay, the latter one is pretty common.

I'm not sure I know what I'm rhetorically asking. It's too early to have a beer, so I guess I'll have to ponder this later.

Ponder. Ponder. Ponder.

---

Did I mention today is my payday? Have I said how happy that makes me? I did? Oh good.

---

Unusually warm this morning. Creeps me out.

No comments: