Monday, November 10, 2008

Monday Musings

Funny how I can feel perfectly healthy and then after about an hour in the office I'm coughing like a ten-pack-a-day smoker.

Not funny "ha-ha".

---

My self-control around sweets is backsliding. Used to be I had a terrible addiction to chocolates and sweets in general. In recent years, I've found I can resist milk chocolate fairly easily.

And yet, I'm sitting at a game at Erik's on Saturday and next thing I know, I'm devouring caramels, prezels, and sour-candies like they're... um... candy.

Damnit.

---

Was all set to ride the bike this morning (despite the fact it's pretty cold). Watched the weather and saw the small chance of rain. It's pretty slight, but I know if I rode my bike, I'd jack the odds (I have super-powers that way).

Okay, it was an excuse for laziness. I folded like a cheap suit. I can admit that.

I'll run this afternoon to make up for it.

Really.

I swear.

---

Panhandlers are getting pretty aggressive these days. Yesterday, on my way in to see "Repo", I stopped at REI. I got hit up by at least three guys in the same lot for money and cursed out for not giving them any.

Usually my response to that would be something along the lines of: "Go fuck yourself. I don't owe you anything."

However, these guys all clearly knew one another. Seemed unwise to get too belligerent.

Nevermind that I didn't have any cash on hand to share, even if I were so-inclined. I only had a twenty and that was for the movie. I wasn't going to drop a twenty on these guys. They were clearly hustling as they gave me the same "can you spare a little change for gas - my family is in the car around the corner, blah blah bla" story that I've heard a hundred times.

I dunno why, but the canned stories just piss me off.

A sign of the times, I suppose.

---

I got a good look at myself wearing my cap this morning (needed something to keep my head warm).

I look like a friggin' criminal.

Heh.

No comments: