Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Ancestors spin in their graves

Last night I went to SF to help surprise a friend for her birthday (which, as it turns out, is today). We met at Suppenkuche, a charming German restaurant, for beer and whatnot.

I think it's the whatnot that's getting me.

German beers are delightful and they had a Paulaner Marzen that was delicious. I should know. I had at least three. Maybe more.

On top of that, I had "Wiener Schnitzel vom Schwein mit Bratkartoffeln und grĂ¼nem Salat"

Essentially, breaded pork loin and potatoes with a side of salad.

I have, for the most part, weeded fried foods from my diet. As a result, I'm not really used to that kind of food. Add to that the potentcy of German beer and I find this morning to be decidedly... unpleasant.

The mild hangover isn't really a problem. The upset stomach from the fried food? That's a problem.

Bleah.

No comments: