Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Midway Miscellanea

I got Great Big Sea's "Fortune's Favour" (don't forget the obligatory Canadian 'u' in "favour") last week. I can't stop listening to it.

Most of the vocal music I favor could be termed "odd", at best and is often quite maudlin. There are some bands I like that are more upbeat, but they're uncommon. GBS is currently topping the list of more upbeat bands right now.

Favorite tracks from that album: "Here and Now", "Walk on the Moon", and "Love Me Tonight". They've made the transition to the insanity that is my MP3 player.

Perfectly timed music, in truth.

---

Stupid network won't let me log in to the parts I need at work. So what the hell am I supposed to do?

Irritating.

---

An observation while riding my bike in this morning: warming weather must be very nice for streetwalkers.

I crossed into Oakland and passed a woman who clearly was dressed for a specific profession. A week ago, I'd think she'd be worried about hypothermia. This morning, I expect she was just a bit chilly.

It's kind of a game to count the prostitutes on the way in these days. Most I've counted: six in five blocks.

Who the hell turns tricks at 5am? I expect I don't want to know the answer to that.

---

I'm ready for this week to be over and it's only Wednesday. Doesn't bode well for the rest of today, much less the next two days.

No comments: