Sunday, November 16, 2008

musings on a Sunday night

Well, this is the warmest November I can recall. Makes sense, since we apparently broke records over the weekend for high temps. The wind on Saturday was pretty unbelievable.

Kind of creepy, all said.

At least it's cooling off a bit.

---

I anticipate a busy week ahead. I have to get my car in for service, try to drag an unwilling friend out for drinks, and... um... actually drinks are a major part of the week's evening plans. At least three nights are earmarked for alcoholic consumption.

Going to make things... interesting.

---

In addition, I'm certainly doing my part to get my nerd on. I'm doing long-range prep work for a table-top RPG with some friends and encountering a lot of familiar issues. Most are good questions about setup. One guy in particular is exercising his instinctive need to push the boundaries.

I wonder if I should've majored in psychology and written papers on role-players? I can only imagine what a psychologist would make of my stuff. Ye gods.

In the meantime, I'm prepping stuff for yet another RPG campaign I'm working on by getting miniatures. I hit Black Diamond Games today to buy a few miniatures. I was surprised at how surly the cashier was. Usually their people are a bit less-abrupt. Doesn't really matter given how infrequently I go out there. Besides, I got what I wanted.

If you're not familiar with miniatures (old-timers call 'em "lead figures"), they represent the more visually-artistic part of a table top RPG. The miniatures are usually of some figure that gets painted to represent either some specific character or a group of generic ones.

I am not especially good at the painting. Requires a steady hand and artistic aesthetic that I freely admit are both lacking in me. Erik is far better at it than I. Doesn't matter, my miniatures are good enough for my needs.

---

Can't say I'm looking forward to work tomorrow. Still, it's the last full-week before Turkey Day hits us. Then December is upon us and it's all downhill from there. I meant to get some of my Xmas shopping done yesterday, but I was too lazy. Gotta get on it next weekend so I can get stuff in the mail for overseas folks.

Gotta get my Humbug on.

No comments: