Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Hump Day

Heh heh...

---

In recent weeks, I've found that my windshield is nigh-impossible to see through at points in the day. It really needs to be cleaned on the inside. I've wiped it off with a cloth, but that just doesn't cut it. I needed proper cleaning solution.

I do try to avoid marketing hype when buying stuff. That said, I have to admit that Windex is pretty spot-on with their adverts. I've tried other window cleaners and they always leave a weird streak and that becomes problematic when the sun is at that special angle in the sky.

So I got some Windex yesterday. This morning, it was as though I didn't have a windshield at all. It was so clear!

I could do commercials! [GLEAM!]

---

I have a minor car service this week. There's a few hundred dollars I'd rather put towards something else. *sigh*

Still, I'd rather have my car working.

Meh.

---

Erik told me that "meh" is now officially a "word". I don't think I asked him to clarify who the authority was at the time.

Who the hell does decide what is or isn't an official English word? Merriam-Webster? My high school English teachers?

Seems kind of a pompous endeavour to me. Still, I suppose someone has to do it.

---

And the holidaze appear to be coming in full-force this year. I think that any extra holiday shopping I do I'll have to take care of this weekend. Gah.

I hate the shopping. No, that's not true. I don't mind shopping. I hate crowds.

Thank goodness for the Internet.

---

I anticipated that various obligations would interfere with my monthly gaming fun. Still, it's a bummer to go a month without busting out the dice, nerding with the guys, and eating crap I shouldn't be eating.

When I write it all out, it sounds so... silly. And yet, I don't care. Table top RPGs are really no different than "poker night" or whatever "normal" folks do. There's still beer there. There's the bonding. There's the b.s.

Sometimes there's also pizza.

Mmm... pizza...

No comments: