Monday, November 24, 2008

Blue screen of f*** me!

I got hit with the Blue Screen of Death last night.

One moment I'm surfing the 'net. The next: boom.

I think it was a hijack attempt 'cause my DSL modem went nuts. One of the sites I regularly hit got hacked and subverted, I believe.

So, after my computer returned from blue-screen land, I scanned it (nada... it's clean, apparently). I started backing up some of the stuff I was working on (stories, game stuff, etc.) to a flash drive and got a warning that there was some kind of error.

The ominous error said it was serious and I should consider a system restore.

Well that's not cool.

So, for the first time ever, I did a system restore last night. I guess I'll find out today if there's still a problem.

Could be I'm due to just reinstall the OS and move on with my life.

Or it could be that it's time for a new PC. Though Windows Vista does not enthuse me.

No comments: