Friday, November 21, 2008

EDC

Stands for "every day carry".

It's a concept I've been at war with since I was a child. I like to carry stuff. Small tools. A knife. A pen. The list goes on and on.

Oh, does the list go on.

My keychain is a nightmare. The amount of junk in my pockets is a good source of humor for those who know me.

No worries. I will have my vengeance. But I digress...

The problem quickly becomes carrying capacity. Cargo pants are all fine and well, but after a while, rattling keys get sort of... um... distracting. Nevermind trying to run with all that crap in cargo pants pockets.

In cooler weather it's easier. Jackets add to the carrying capacity. I've recently discovered clothing from Scottevest.

Unfortunately, that stuff just encourages me to carry more junk.

Sure, it's nice to be able to bust out a paperback book on the train from a jacket pocket, but when I don't know which pocket on which garment has my cell phone or car keys, I've crossed the line.

See that in the distance? That way out there? That's the line.

You can't see it?

I have some binoculars in my pocket. Somewhere...

1 comment:

Schadwen said...

The line is a dot to you.