Saturday, November 22, 2008

The Mall

Like OMIGAWD! The Mall!

Yes. I went to a mall today. Westerfield Mall, as a matter of fact (did I get the name right? I can't exactly recall its proper name) in the search for several Xmas gift items.

Didn't find a single one. Finding the right kind of plush slipper for a family member is surprisingly difficult. I priced out a couple of ideas for a gift or two for some overseas friends, but decided to continue shopping before deciding on what to send.

And there's no kid's stores there worth a crap. Not that I'm sure what to find for the kids I'm shopping for. I have vague ideas, but I'm waiting on info before I purchase anything.

So why did I go shopping at the Hel... um... mall? Part of it was to get an idea of what's out there. I haven't wandered an actual mall in ages.

I was unimpressed, by the way. No wonder our economy is in the shitter. Nothing but crap stores.

Another reason was people watching. San Francisco never fails to entertain. And it did.

Much to my chagrin, I did buy something, but it wound up being a personal purchase. Music from Virgin. I do love that store.

In penance for my self-indulgence, I got off BART two exits early and walked home. Okay, it wasn't that big of a penance. It was a gorgeous day and I really just wanted to combine exercise with getting outdoors. It was totally worth it.

That said, that was a goddamn long walk. My legs hurt.

No comments: