Saturday, November 29, 2008

Lessons from day three of a four-day weekend

So day three of my four-day weekend is coming to a close. What I've learned thus far:

* It's good to restrain one's self from eating an extra piece of pumpkin pie, especially on a full stomach.

* Painting miniatures requires a very steady hand. Thus, Turkish coffee? Bad idea when I plan to do painting.

* I can be asked a finite number of "nickle and dime" questions before I lose my temper.

* I can burn through 76 pages of finance-related reading in two 40-minute train rides.

* I can go into an Abercrummy & Grinch store and move quickly enough so I'm only inhaling the noxious fumes they pump into the atmosphere five times before I start to see stars. (Why was I in an Abercrummy & Grinch store? I ask myself the very same question...)

* It doesn't matter where I stand or sit on a BART train. A mentally-disturbed freak will move to be in close proximity to me.

* I can watch "Wall-E" twice and still not be bored with it.

* The burner I thought didn't work on my stove does.

* Related to above: a plate can be exposed to a burner set on "high" for several minutes before showing scorch marks.

* If I'm looking for inexpensive gifts, shopping in SF is not a good idea.

* The Vord are scary. Damn scary.

No comments: