Wednesday, November 5, 2008

A little wager

So I bet on the presidential election with one of my friends. We didn't bet on the overall election. I knew Obama would take it (yay!). We bet on five states:

Arizona
Florida
Ohio
Nevada
West Virginia

For every state that went Obama, I won a drink. For every state that won McCain, my friend won a drink.

Don't get me wrong, we were/are both pro-Obama. He was thinking as I did in 2000 and 2004, that fraud would kick in and the Repugnicans would pull something off as they did in Florida in the past. He just wanted booze to dull the pain of disappointment.

Can't say I disagree with that strategy, but I was feeling strongly optimistic.

As of this morning's tally, I believe I get three drinks to his two. Florida, Nevada, and Ohio all went blue (YAY!) while Arizona and West Virginia remained unsurprisingly red (booo!!!!).

It's all good.

No comments: