Monday, April 14, 2008

zzzzzz

Mondays just get harder every friggin' week.

So everyone survived the game on Saturday. I was certain I'd have a nervious breakdown running a three-way session, but everything went surprisingly smoothly. I thought I'd under-prepared with NPCs but the dice took over and gave the players a run for their money.

Figures. When I use mooks, they're bogged down and bloodied. When I prepare badass NPCs, they walk through them like a tank running over kittens.

*sigh*

But I'm off-the-hook for GMing for a while now. Erik's got the May game. The session ended on a cliffhanger, so no email filler is needed. Gives me time to prep.

---

I went to see the family Sunday. There, my sister learned about the latest Butcher book and I told her I'd loaned it to Erik.

For the rest of the day, she didn't let up at all.

At. All.

If she was reasonably certain where Erik lives, I suspect she'd consider some robbery. I had no idea she'd take to Butcher's stories so well. Erik? I think once you're done with the book we should meet for a beer and a book handoff.

Good lord...

---

I flaked on bike riding this morning. The weather prediction claimed wind and all that. I need to run errands afterwards, so I'll just drive today and maybe tomorrow, then go running afterwards.

Whatever works.

I came into the office to find my lucky bamboo Minh gave me showing signs that it's dying. Honestly, I'm shocked the thing survived a few years in the office under my care. Thank goodness bamboo is nearly impossible to kill from neglect.

Funny. I wonder if care is killing it? I moved it to the window outside my manager's office so it would have actual light ('cause my cube is in constant shadow... the light burns usssss.... hissss). Now it appears to be fading. Maybe it needs more water? Maybe the plant food isn't good for it? Maybe I need to feed it more babies?

*sigh*

Hebron left me a surprising present on my desk. So my cube-neighbor is a hard-core bargain hunter and found cheap LED flashlights for about $7/each with shipping. We both ordered one on his card. Mine did not work (bad connections? Who knows?). So he returned my cash and started haggling with the seller for a replacement or a refund.

They shipped a replacement.

This thing is BRIGHT!

I love flashlights (despite the light burning usss... hisss....) as I do other handy gadgets.

A good start to the morning.

No comments: