Tuesday, April 8, 2008

and rambling

Since I'm on a tear, I may as well get the rest of my brain dumped here.

- Last Friday's season four "Battlestar Galactica" opener was better than I'd expected. Not fantastic, mind you, but it had a great space battle that whittled down the number of those pesky colonials.

I'm still irritated about Starbuck, still hating Baltar (which is good... we're supposed to hate him), still hating Apollo, and still pissed about the "Final Five Cylons". At least the opener was promising that they won't frak this up.

- Finally got my trade paperback of "Death Hawk: The Soulworm Saga". I think I'm one of twelve people in the country who read this comic and enjoyed it. It was "Firefly" before Whedon did it.

- I've got a little over a week to get my stuff done for my next writer-group meeting. Crap. I forgot what my items were for the next meeting.

I have to say I've felt incredibly unmotivated to write anything. I've got three stories that I'll probably never finish. Two set in the fantasy world my fellow GURPS nerds and I game in (which raises all sorts of fun copyright issues) and the sci-fi story that I'm having trouble cementing.

At least I outlined one of the fantasy stories. If I could figure out how to beef up the villains to make 'em interesting, I'd probably do okay. It won't be a great story, but it would at least be different by virtue of being done. That would be a first.

- I need a vacation. Where to go? What to do?

Do I try a fourth Japan trip? It's pretty expensive now that Tim's returned and I can't crash on his floor. It's not like I've studied any Japanese in the last year or two.

Do I aim for a return to Ireland? That has an appeal. Mmm... Guinness... but I've been there already.

Scotland? That has even more appeal. I could look up family roots! I could paint my face blue and scream "freedom"! I'd look awful in a kilt, though.

Germany? That would rock, but I should aim for a time closer to Oktoberfest. And the exchange rate for Europe blows now.

Maybe somewhere in the U.S.? Hmph.

No comments: