Friday, April 25, 2008

The Idiot Box loves me

So last night was a new episode of "Lost".

I just finished watching the episode from my tape.

Man, when these guys are on their game, they're on their game. Damn! This is the kind of stuff they SHOULD be doing! Hard core, take-no-prisoners, frak with the audience kind of stuff.

It was great!

Of course, now they've set themselves up to frell it up later. Damnit!

Like how I mixed my sci-fi epithets? Thanks. I'm quite proud of it. Hang on... gotta replace the electrical tape on my glasses.

Aaaah... there we go.

So it's Friday night and my three-hour block of SciFi channel goodness has begun. More "Sarah Jane Adventures" 'till 9pm. It's kiddie fare, but I'm still enjoying it.

Next is "Doctor Who". Alas, they're introducing the new companion, Donna. I wasn't partial to Rose, the first of the reimagined series companions. I liked Martha but the character did need to move on. I think she'll do better in "Torchwood". Donna, however... she was introduced in the last Xmas special and... ugh. Annoying to the Nth power.

Why can't they bring in Sally Sparrow from the best episode of the reimagined series, "Blink"? She rocked.

It's also the first of the new season's proper episodes. It's penned by Russel Davies so it's guaranteed to have either fat jokes, farting aliens, or some other bits of his signature stuff. Eh, I'll tape it and fast-forward through the boring bits.

And then "Battlestar Galactica". It's almost too much nerd-dom.

Prior to this I found myself in the odd situation of being more social with my neighbors. I don't normally interact with them too much, but this time I pretty much chatted with half the building.

I barely know any of their names, but whatever works. They're all really nice and pretty friendly. Some are chattier than I'm used to and one has a tendency to share information I'd rather not know... Brrr....

Honestly. Do people walk up to total strangers and chat about intimate details of their personal lives and any medical treatments they may be in the midst of undergoing?

I can understand wanting to talk about stuff that may be stressful. That's normal and I don't have a problem being someone's sounding board for stuff like that, but I'd think that filters would kick in at some point and certain levels of detail might get omitted.

One of my friends claims I draw this out of people.

Dunno how. Wish I could turn it off at will.

Oh well. I still have the Idiot Box and its lovely offerings for the socially-inept on this beautiful Friday night.

Time to see if I have any beer left...

No comments: