Friday, April 11, 2008

Adventures in lunching

So, normally I'm pretty dull and predictable at lunch. I hit the local cafe that I've gone to for the last eleven years (!!!!) and eat whatever is my meal-of-choice at the moment. Lately it's "americanized" pho (Vietnamese chicken noodle soup), mainly 'cause it's filling but not too rife with the stuff I should try to avoid (red meat, high cholesterol foods, etc.).

Somehow, without fully-understanding exactly what happened, I've found myself part of a "lunch posse" that does outings usually instigated by my cube neighbor Hebron or one of my other work friends, Angela.

The dining has been entertaining. It's either Korean food at a great place on Telegraph and MacArthur or it's somewhere in Oakland Chinatown or it's somewhere in the Pacific East Mall in Richmond/El Cerrito.

I guess it's not all that different from the lunches my other friend at work, Rach, often organizes. Those are usually Dim Sum or occasionally Thai food.

Regardless, it's almost always Asian cuisine. And, more often than not, I'm either the only non-Asian of the lunch crew or one of two with that distinction.

Everyone seems to have an opinion on how that happens to work out for me. Some opinions are somewhat snarky and judgmental. Some are friggin' hysterical.

Me? I'm enjoying the meals and I'm grateful I rode my bike today. I'm full!!!

No comments: