Tuesday, April 8, 2008

AAAAHHH!!!

Credit card companies (cretin card companies?) exist to drive people insane.

So I got a new one after the last one's number got compromised by someone who enjoys flights to Malaysia and expensive computer hardware. I activated the replacement and then tested it with a small-ish order at a reliable vendor (Amazon).

Amazon claims it's declined.

Being the level-headed, calm, unruffled soul that I'm not, I got on the phone with my credit card company and had a chat with them.

"No, it's not declined," they assured me. "We show the charge as approved on your account."

So I sent mail to Amazon's customer service.

Amazon replied this morning.

"Your card was declined."

So I called my credit card company again.

"No, no," the charming credit card company representative from a distant land over the sea assured me. "Your card is in good standing. We show the charge as approved on your account. The merchant must have network connection issues on their end."

And then she spent ten more minutes trying to sell me services I don't care about (that sounds vaguely dirty...).

So I ask myself, do I really need to do this online purchase? It's a test of the card, more than anything, but now I'm finding I want what I bought.

I already woke up irritated from a dream a half-remember and allergies are hosing me. This is icing.

And I have edits on my desk. Whee!

No comments: