Friday, April 25, 2008

Aaaah Friday

I finished "The Lies of Locke Lamora" last night.

I've found a new favorite author in Scott Lynch.

I LOVED this book! It had me "on the edge of my seat" 'till pretty much the very end.

Genius.

I loved all of it. The motivations of the Grey King. The rise of the Gentlemen Bastards. The Spider's scenes. Locke's learning of his limitations and getting his mojo back. The Bondsmage. Jean's training montage. The grand plot.

I even loved how one of the Gentlemen Bastards never appears in the book but remains an incredibly important character nonetheless. Crucial even.

Now it's off to Marc for his reading pleasure while I dive into book two. I've heard "Red Seas Under Red Skies" isn't as good as "The Lies of Locke Lamora". Given that it's book two in a seven book series, I expect "Red Seas" to be more of a bridge novel. I'll still read it.

And the end of my three-day work week arrives. I could get used to working only three days a week (with my normal paycheck, of course), but I notice the workload never really gets lessened.

At least my allergies are starting to calm down a bit. I'd have ridden my bike today if I weren't expecting a package that can't survive a bike ride to come to the office.

Hopefully it will arrive today. Today's drive in has already been rife with idiots. I'm at the freeway exit at a red light. There's some idiot in a van at another red light. Without warning or any actual traffic signal on his part, he decides to cut across the lane I'll need and do a three-point turn.

No, wait. It would be a three-point turn for someone with a brain. This idiot? It was a twelve-point turn.

And he chooses to do this as the light turns green for me.

At 5-something in the morning, my already-slight patience for dumbshits is even more anorexic. It's times like that when I want some kind of high-tech disintegrator beam or a dumbfuck ray that shifts complete morons to the "Moron Zone".

Oooh...

I like that idea.

No comments: