Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Yawn

I forgot how much early mornings suck.

And it even drizzled rain last night. That made it even harder to wake up this morning. It also killed my desire to ride my bike to work.

It helps that my feet are killing me. My boots are still in that "breaking in" phase and I had the bright idea of walking from University home yesterday, with a stopover at the odd shop or two.

My feet hurt like hell. Still.

So I'm back in the office on a Wednesday and I've downloaded my email. I realize it's really just a perception thing, but why is it that if I take any time off, it seems like everything has turned to batshit as soon as I get back to the office? Is it that I just don't notice during the normal day-to-day stuff?

Sweet bejebus.

And we're closing in on release, which means everyone is in a tizzy. We've only had a year and a half to get our shit together and people still panic over bad planning and poor time-management. Gaaah!!!!

Then again, it's not like I don't have my moments every other day.

Nearly done with "The Lies of Locke Lamora". I probably would've burned through it already, but I find myself savoring Lynch's world and characters. The plot twists are satisfying and the characters rock my world. I need to purchase the sequel. Maybe today...

The brownie pan I ordered should arrive at the office today. I expect it to be somewhat cumbersome, so it's good I drove today. Alas, my replacement decanter for my Toddy Coffee is due to arrive Friday. Should I drive that day? It's a delicate, glass thing (thus necessitating replacement in my clumsy hands). Should I instead try to cleverly find a way to secure it to my bike?

Probably not wise.

And so my last debate with myself is whether or not I shall endeavor to jog after work today.

To jog or not to jog? That is the question. Whether 'tis nobler to suffer the blisters and sore soles of outrageous fortune for fitness and weight loss...

No comments: