Tuesday, April 8, 2008

AAAAHHH!!!! (redux)

The Internet gods are angry with me.

So I'm a bit unfair with my credit card company. It sounds to me like the problem with my Amazon transaction is with Amazon.

Interesting that my interactions with both my credit card company and Amazon have me corresponding with the same distant realm across the vast ocean.

Amazon assures me they'll try this again. If it doesn't work out... fuck 'em. I can buy stuff from other companies.

So I get back to work, editing my internal documentation in "vi" (if you don't use UNIX, you have no idea what a pain in the arse that is). I try not to dig into the massive bag of rejected fortune cookies at my desk (obtained from a Friday afternoon jaunt to Oakland's scenic Chinatown... mmm... fortune cookies... but I digress).

I get mail from the good folks at yet another online vendor. And the fun continues.

So, backstory: I ordered a compliation book for one of the webcomics I enjoy.

The site sent me a compilation, but it was the wrong volume. I sent email explaining the problem. At their request, I mailed back the incorrect volume with the assurance I'd be reimbursed for my postage and get the correct volume.

Yesterday, I got something completely different from that company. So, being a tad confused, I shot them off an email asking why they sent it to me.

I get a response this morning from the customer service rep I dealt with last time who seemed as confused as I am.

Good. Times.

I'd cancel the order altogether and demand reimbursement, but the order was made on the now-defunct credit card. I have no idea how a reimbursement works if the credit card number changed.

So, I politely summarized the entire situation from the day of the order to present and asked for status as to when I will get my order.

My manager has taught me the virtues of "killing with kindness". I'll give that a try.

Why did I give up taking martial arts? I really, really, really want to kick the crap out of something right now.

No comments: