Monday, April 21, 2008

Adventures in BART

I love being near Bay Area Rapid Transit (BART). It's handy, reasonably quick, and saves me having to navigate the ever-annoying streets of the Bay Area in my all-too-delicate car. Plus gas is hell of expensive.

So after a brief jaunt into scenic Berkeley (with its requisite encounters with batshit crazy people and folks who don't understand what "soap" is), I decided to hit S.F.

No particular goal in mind. Just wandering around.

It's damn cold there, too. Admittedly, I was cold 'cause I still didn't wear a damn hat, but it's my blog. I'll whine if I want to.

After walking Market (again, no real goal... just seeing if anything caught my eye), I debated walking out to Japantown (which, for the record, is an insane walk from downtown. Insane. It would've been sufficient to deal with my exercise, but my poor feet...), I opted instead to head up Grant.

I was craving a tapioca milk tea.

Seriously. It was overwhelming. I was craving that like an addict. I wonder if I should ever let Meg know that she got me hooked?

Anyways, Monday afternoons are not the best time to hit Chinatown if you're looking for shops to be open. Then again, it's a great time if you don't want to step on a billion tourists milling about. Most of the places I wanted to see were open. No movies grabbed my attention. The bakery with those awesome spongecakes was closed for vacation (thank goodness... I love those damn things too much).

And I got my tea. Mmm... Nummy! I wish I knew why I loved these things. I'm lactose intolerant, yet it's worth the roll of the dice to get these.

I considered grabbing some lunch in North Beach, but opted to restrain myself. I'm still full from breakfast and felt an uncharacteristic desire to show some self-control.

Besides, I wanted to get back so I can go running before the local rugrats get out of school.

And it's after 2. I should go now if I plan to beat the anklebiter horde.

No comments: