Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Best day of 2008 so far

After the trauma of the credit card nastiness, I found April 1 to be surprisingly awesome.

- got "Small Favors" (Dresden Files). I'm already on p. 194. Butcher rules!
- got a rather cool, multi-pocket jacket I ordered from Amazon and it's both comfy and has more pockets than I thought! (w00t!)
- had a surprisingly good lunch with some folks from work and it's walking distance from home (for future dining fun). Added bonus: fun lunch company (albeit "chicky-er" than I was prepared for)
- successfully purchased another Atwood tool (if you don't know, you don't wanna know)
- Did I mention "Small Favors"?
- actually got a couple of online sellers who I've been having trouble contacting to both reply to my email... on the same day! Yay!
- Credit report looks clean (although the recent craziness may not show yet, but I'm hopeful)
- Did I mention "Small Favors"? 'Cause I'm really excited about this book.

Now, today, I added "Magic Burns" (Ilona Andrews's second book) to my literary pile. Ye gods.

Current reading list:

"Small Favor" (I bet you didn't realize that)
"Lamb: The Gospel According to Biff, Christ's Childhood Pal" (incredibly funny)
"Dead Man Rising" (Dante Valentine book 2)
"Coyote Blue" (another Moore book... I'll give it a try)
"Bloodsucking Fiends" (I'm less enthusiastic about this one. Not a vampire fan.)
"Magic Burns" (this might get bumped up in the list)

No comments: