Monday, April 28, 2008

where to get my read on?

So I followed my normal lunch pattern today. I hit the cafe I have gone to for nearly 11 years now, grabbed a table, pulled out my book, and read while I ate.

Well, okay. I tried to read while I ate.

My old stomping ground cafe now has a massive flat-screen TV. On M-W-F, when my friend is running the register, the TV is on with volume full-blast with some kind of drama or reality TV show that's covering subject matter that rarely goes with lunch.

Add to that the volume and I can't get beyond a page to read.

I hate eating in the office. I can't really read in my cube and I can't get anything done in the break room (it's too loud). I don't want to read outside.

*sigh*

I guess I need to find a new place on M-W-F. I could ask my friend to just turn it down, but... eh. If she doesn't realize it on her own, there's no point bringing it up.

No comments: