Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Happy Birthday Vicky

So I've returned from "Forbidden Island". A good time appears had by all. It was pretty full there, even on a Wednesday night. Nothing like the weekends, but that's to be expected.

Vicky's choice of rums cleared my sinuses and cleaned my contacts without me even being tempted to sip them. Ye gods.

I quite suspect that lady could drink me under the table without thinking about it.

Good thing I'm past the age where drinking contests are likely. I can't win drinking contests anymore. My body just can't process it like when I was in my 20's.

Sucks. Ah well.

Still, I got home, sober and functional in time to get my tired arse into bed for work tomorrow and it's not even 8:30 yet.

Sweet bejebus. When did I get to be so goddamn old?

At least I'm prepared. Got me a nice Irish walking stick (aka a "shillelagh") to lay the smackdown on "kids these days".

Don't think I won't use it! Damn kids!


Sadly, it's only Wednesday. Got two more days of early mornings to go. I've sworn to myself I'll bike ride every day this week, so I gotta get my lazy arse up and out the door with time budgeted to get to work.

Sure, nobody would know if I'm late. I mean, c'mon. Only the insane go in the office during my hours, but my OCD would know.

Sucks to be neurotic, but that's a whole other matter and I don't care to type more about that right now.

So, world, I'm going to bed.

Happy birthday Vicky!

Get better Moira!

Shave off the scruff, Marc!

Email me an update, Megumi!

Okay, that about covers it. Good night!

No comments: