Thursday, April 17, 2008

Books! And stuff!

I finished "Magic Burns" last night.

Wow.

Seriously. Wow.

That was just awesome. Andrews has won my loyalty as a fan. I can't wait for her next book.

I'm having trouble deciding if I like Andrews more than Patricia Briggs or not. Butcher still tops them, but... wow.

Charles is quite the book pimp. We've discussed him getting an appropriate hat.

Erik finished Harrison's latest Rachel Morgan book and both he and Charles have independently assured me it lacks the annoying crap that bothered me in her prior books. I'll give it a read when it hits paperback.

In the meantime, I am now reading "The Lies of Locke Lamora" by Scott Lynch (based on a recommendation I read in Sohmer's blog on "Looking for Group").

I'm only about 34 pages in and I'm already hooked.

I'm glad I don't have much TV to distract me from the reading material. On a whim, I picked up a DVD copy of "Appleseed Ex Machina" and watched part of it while I ate dinner last night. I was surprised at how much I'm enjoying it.

When anime is on. It's really on.

I still have to watch the copies of "Naruto Shippuden" that my friend Marc got for me. And "Dennou Coil" that Ben burned onto DVD for me (after I go through the joy of installing new codecs and the like). And new episodes of "Bleach" are on the horizon.

It's a good thing I don't have much of a life. Affords me the time to properly appreciate all this fun entertainment. It's kind of sad that I'm considering hitting "Forbidden Island" over the weekend and reading while I enjoy a mai tai or two.

I should be good and get back to work on the damn stories. Gaah.

No comments: