Monday, April 28, 2008

Red Seas Under Red Skies

So I have the hardback version of Scott Lynch's "Red Seas Under Red Skies", the second volume of the Gentlemen Bastards saga. I'm only 106 pages into it so far and I'm enjoying it.

I've heard reviews that it's not as good as "The Lies of Locke Lamora". I'm not sure that's a fair claim, but then I'm only 106 pages in. I think it's pretty good. Lynch is a master of taking the narrative in interesting directions.

I mean, I'm lugging around a hardback book in my backpack as I ride my bike to work. I don't do that for just any story. I enjoy Lynch's world more than most of the other stuff I've read lately (except the wonderous worlds of Jim Butcher... I must have more. MORE!).

I'm a little jazzed. The next "Avatar: The Last Airbender" DVD comes out next week.

Yes. I'm excited about a kid's show coming out on DVD.

Bite me.

This show is top-notch animation and has an interesting storyline. If Nickelodean actually communicated when it broadcasts and didn't play TV executive bullshit games with this program, it would have everyone's constant attention.

Many Bothans died to bring us this DVD.

And if it would get me the DVD faster, I'd line up a Death Star at the Bothan homeworld and press buttons randomly.

I don't even know what a Bothan is. I'm such an evil bastard.

No comments: