Thursday, April 10, 2008

Clean your room!

So my manager swung by my cube yesterday, somewhat randomly, to chat ('cause she's awesome and does stuff like that). She took one look at my... ah... untidy... cubicle and started to lecture me in her "mom" voice to clean up a bit.

Do all mothers adopt the same tone due to some genetic "mom" thing or is it learned? I swear, she sounded exactly like my mother!

And I paid about as much attention... sorry Mom.

Though at least I took down the sixty or so empty Trader Joe's Traveler's Chocolate tins.

I got introspective about this later. I mean, my cubicle looks like a 13-year-old boy's idea of paradise (or at least as "work safe" allows). I'm supposed to be more grown up than this.

I mean, jeez... most of my friends are married, buying houses, and having kids. I'm still collecting comic books and playing tabletop RPGs.

WTF?

Then again, most of my gaming group is my age and over half of 'em are married.

Over half. That's got to destroy a cliche.

So the little magnetic kung-fu figures stay littered about my desk 'till I'm clearly told to get rid of 'em.

And I'll try to keep the empty Traveler's Chocolate tins out of sight.

1 comment:

Schadwen said...

Damn well better keep those magnetic figures. They cost major dollars at the Dollar Store.