Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Readin', writin', and no 'rithmatic

Needing something light after finishing "Last Argument of Kings" I have returned to "Magic Burns" by Ilona Andrews.

I love it.

Love. It.

Normally, I'm not fond of female authors (with the exception of J.K. Rowling) for my fantasy. They tend to get too "chicky" for me. My friend Charles has recommended some authors that are changing my hidebound (and probably a bit sexist) views a bit. Slowly.

Andrews was one of his recommendations and I have to say I do love this author. "Magic Burns" is the second of the Kate Daniels books and I'm about halfway through it. Great stuff. Weird world she's crafted and it rocks my reading world.

All this makes me consider getting back to doing writing. I'm in a "writing group" with a buddy of mine from work. It's mostly a mutual-encouragement thing. I think we're supposed to meet soon but I haven't done a damn thing since our last meeting. The gaming stuff has pretty much sucked me dry for any creative writing and I still have a bit of writer's block on what I want to do with my two in-progress stories anyway.

Ugh.

Still, I'm off the GM duties 'till June, so I should suck it up and focus on one of the two stories to make some progress. I need to do something constructive these days. I'm just slacking too much. I can feel my brain dribbling out my ears and it's not like I have a lot of grey matter to spare.

Does that mean that Sloth is my favorite of the Deadly Sins? I would've figured others first...

No comments: