Friday, October 17, 2008

Xmas in October

My friend Marc has performed double-duty today.

First off, he gave me the latest subtitled episodes of "Bleach" and "Naruto: Shippuden", the two animes that have me hooked worse than a heroin addict.

I just finished them. I am filled with geeky joy.

Or sugar. Could be both.

Second, he brought a package that came to my desk after I left the office. And by that, I mean he drove over to my place to deliver it.

Yes, "The Hero of Ages" has arrived (the latest and last "Mistborn" book in hardback). Okay, he had a stake in this. One of the two hardbacks is his, after all. Still, he could've just opened the package, taken his copy, and left the rest at my desk. He's a rock star for instead taking the classy route.

I'm not surprised, mind you. Pretty much all my friends are this awesome. I pick good friends. It's a gift.

So I'm about 2/3 through "The Well of Ascension" (book two of this series, if you haven't been keeping up). Now I can dive right into book three afterward.

Life is good.

No comments: