Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Me reed lots

I'm thorougly enjoying The Well of Ascension right now. I opted to just sit back, listen to music (with my new, malfunctioning, stereo then later my MP3 player), and burn through this book a bit.

Quite enjoyable. I didn't get terribly far, but I got a late start (I spent time researching ballot issues for my mail-in ballot and I had to kill time surfing teh intertoob for crap as well as hassle Erik and Mackie over game stuff).

Lately I feel as though I'm in an informal book club. My friend Charles the Book Pimp has, of late, pushed many a book in my direction that I've thoroughly enjoyed. Erik and my friend Marc have also been perpetrators in the inclusion of my latest reads. I've done my best to trade the favor.

So after Charles the Book Pimp managed to successfully pimp "Mistborn" to me, I read book one, pushed it off on Erik, and recommended the series to my friend Marc. Marc went to one of these mysterious "library" places I've heard of, blazed through book one, then got book two (which I'm reading now) and actually passed me in page count.

The bastard.

Then he approaches me yesterday and says "so... book three... it comes out tomorrow. How do you plan to get it? Amazon or Borders?"

Since Borders is walking distance and I won't have to cough up for shipping, I replied "Borders".

And then he pointed out that he wanted a copy of the book as well, which means free shipping from Amazon...

So two copies of The Hero of Ages should be en route soon. Since I went the freebie shipping route they'll probably head out next week or so, but that's fine.

It says a lot that it's hardback and I still want it.

It will be mine. Oh yesssss....

No comments: