Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Tool Logic

So some time in the past I purchased a Tool Logic SL 2 Pro pocket knife with the firestarter attachment.

It was pretty cool. A knife, flashlight, whistle, and thing to spark fire with. Sure, I have no outdoors skills, but these things still appeal to my inner-geek.

I was never able to get the firestarter to spark (I tried with my BBQ more than once). One of the several times I tried to get it to spark, the firestarter part broke off.

D'oh!

Last week I wrote to Tool Logic to inquire about purchasing a replacement insert for my knife. I like the knife and I figure it would be nice to get the insert again.

They replied on Monday offering to ship me a brand new knife, complete with insert, free. They requested I ship back the old knife in a SASE they'll include.

To this I can only say: duh... OKAY!!!

Hells bells, I've NEVER encountered service like this from a vendor!

So for that, I'm recommending them to pretty much anyone. I've actually purchased a couple of these knives as gifts for friends (I figure the combo of a flashlight, whistle, and knife is good for joggers, etc.). I can't say I've had problems (aside from the faulty firestarter thing that I really don't even need).

No comments: