Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Spewing randomness

Where to begin? Ah yes.

So I raved a bit earlier on about Brandon Sanderson's "Mistborn" series. I'm nearly done with book one "The Last Empire" and it's actually getting better.

This guy is brilliant! The story is sound enough but it's really his narrative style that's selling the series for me. I'm sold enough that when book three comes out soon in hardback, I'll likely give in and just get it right then and there so I know how this damn series ends.

---
I'm the only person I know who watches "Fringe", yet the show got picked up for a full season. There must be other people who watch this show. I suspect they're also the mysterious other people who watch "Lost". I know they're out there, but aside from my folks, I don't know anyone first-hand who watches and enjoys that show.

And it makes things maddening when I want to geek out. It's hard to geek out too much with the 'rents.

Just sayin'
---
The economy is in the crapper, or so it seems. All that said, there's been some interesting analyses of how things are on KRON (which currently has one of the most beautiful weather casters I've ever seen grace the TV... Evelyn Taft... mmm... but I digress).

The newscaster yesterday evening made an interesting point of stating that the underlying foundations of our economy are essentially sound. Most of the current post-bailout troubles are caused by public panic fueled largely by the way the situation's currently being reported.

I can't claim to be informed enough on economics to know how true that statement is. It is interesting, though. I doubt this current downswing is entirely a "wag the dog" kind of scenario, but it raises an interesting question of how much of this is self-fufilling prophesy, y'know?

I'm not inclined to stuff my mattress with cash just yet.
---
I love autumn. I love the smell and taste of the air. I love the cold mornings and evenings. I love the leaves turning color (especially now that I don't have to rake up any of 'em).

<WHINE>I'm not so big on the cold mornings, warm afternoons fluctuations. Wearing layers is all fine and well, but it's a bit awkward when bicyling to work. My backpack can only hold so much on the route back.</WHINE>

I hope we get more rain this year. We could use it.
---
And it's only Tuesday. *sigh*

No comments: