Sunday, October 26, 2008

Chotto Genki Desu

I think that means "a little better".

I'm actually feeling a lot better. I chanced another Nyquil dose (mmm... Nyquil) and slept a good 10 hours. I feel tons better. The sore throat is gone (for the moment) and I feel like I have more energy.

Yay!

Got a math lesson in my email this morning. Erik and I are discussing conversions for a GURPS campaign. Once again he corrected my math. Glad I didn't opt for any math-heavy professions in my life. Arithmetic? No problem if I'm balancing my checkbook. Algebra? Eh... Geometry? Not so good. Anything higher than that? Put a stake in me. Sucks that most gaming nerds are math strong. Ah well.

I'm a bit more than halfway through "Moribito: Guardian of the Spirit". It's refreshing to watch an anime that doesn't deal with end-of-the-world stakes. It's still got high stakes, but it's pretty low-key. Only a couple of battles. It's really well-animated and purdy-lookin'.

I'm about 132 pages into "The Hero of Ages". Most intriguing. Sanderson's got some solid stuff in his book. Why can't I write like that?

No comments: