Thursday, October 16, 2008

A sign of the Endtimes

My table lamp that I use to read with in the evenings is starting to crap out. I believe there's a short in it.

So I need a new lamp.

I have to run family errands after work today and I must read more of my book tonight.

Convenient places that sell affordable table lamps are Target and (god help me) IKEA.

I have, up to this point, sworn never to step foot into IKEA again. Every time I've gone there, a woman has been involved to somehow persuade me to brave the maze.

After every time, I've been overloaded with images of Swedish crap and sworn "never again".

So I've looked on Target's website and on IKEA's. I hate to say it, but IKEA has designs that work for me and are more affordable.

God help me. I may actually... willingly... set foot in an IKEA today.

Somewhere a snowball is flying through Hell.

Maybe.

No comments: