Thursday, October 30, 2008

Exterminate! Regenerate!

So David Tennant is stepping down from his role as the Tenth Doctor on "Dr. Who", or so the buzz says.

I'm of mixed feelings, myself. Tennant was a fantastic Doctor, but three years is a good run. I kind of wish Christopher Eccleston had done a couple of seasons, but that's life.

I'm quite curious who they'll tap to replace Tennant. Interestingly enough, I've heard Patterson Joseph tossed around as a contender. Having seen him play the Marquis De Carabas in the BBC NeverWhere production, I find myself intrigued with him as a choice. He'd be good. Very, very good.

So Steven Moffat gets a completely blank slate to start with. Excellent. My one request to Moffat would be to bring back the beautiful Carey Mulligan as Sally Sparrow, though I suspect that won't ever happen.

Mmm... Carey Mulligan...

What? Oh, sorry. Got a bit lost in the moment there.

No comments: