Saturday, October 25, 2008

Getting out of the house

Due to the illness I've gone on about ad nauseum, I haven't really been inclined to go outside. I've stayed in and read "The Hero of Ages", watched my DVDs of "Moribito: Guardian of the Spirit" (anime), and dinked around on my PC.

Okay, the illness is part of it. The fact that it's unreasonably hot is another good reason for me to stay inside. It's friggin' October and it's hotter than it was in August and September!

But never mind that.

I got a gift card to a comic store in Berkeley last month. I decided to take advantage of my free Saturday and skip into the People's Republic to see if I could spend it. My goal was a trade paperback of Warren Ellis's "Ocean", but alas it's out-of-print (go figure). Much to my everlasting joy, I found the Dresden Files "Welcome to the Jungle" compiled in a hardback TBP and blew part of the generous gift card on that.

Woo-hoo!

And then I went to the Halloween store.

So, going to the Halloween store a week before Halloween? Not the smartest thing ever. Seriously. It's just not.

That said, the selection didn't suck, the lines weren't terrible, and I did find what I was looking for. Looks like I may actually have a costume together for Hallowe'en and All Saint's Day.

Yes. I'm dressing up for All Saint's Day. You didn't get the memo? Wow. I guess we know who the cool kids are, don't we?

I should've bought some makeup. Gah.

No comments: