Friday, October 24, 2008

Gwah?

Wednesday night, I opted not to take Nyquil. I was feeling better. Seemed unnecessary. Besides, I don't want to get dependent on the stuff.

Yesterday I had an "offsite meeting" with my team. It involved lunch. Delicious lunch. Like a complete and utter idiot, I had a beer with lunch.

Wow, was that stupid.

By the time I got home after visiting my gran, I was feeling the congestion hitting me like a ton of bricks. I didn't take a step backwards. I did an acrobatic leap backwards into a pit of hurt.

Good times. So last night I decided to make use of the delightful, decongesting magic of Nyquil (largely 'cause I didn't have anything else handy).

And I dreamed.

I regularly read Gunnerkrigg Court among my weekly webcomic perusals.

I dreamt I was in Gunnerkrigg Court. To call the dream "weird" didn't begin to cover how utterly strange it was.

There were people I know in the dream. I sometimes wonder what criteria my subconscious uses to dwell on certain people. In some cases it's pretty obvious. In others, I have to scratch my head and wonder if my subconscious was just trolling around through dusty parts of my memory to do some housekeeping or something.

Makes mornings disorienting, to say the least. I'm glad it's Friday.

In unrelated news, my replacement ToolLogic Pro SL 2 came in the mail yesterday. YAY!

It's neat!

No comments: