Friday, February 13, 2009

Abrams Awesomeness

Last night I finished watching my Tuesday night recording of "Fringe" finally.

They just went in a direction that's pretty much blown my mind. So the over-arc of the show has something called "The Pattern", which is really just a series of weird sci-fi travesties that happen to innocent people (people melting, turning into monsters, etc.).

In the latest episode (the last new one for a while), the story implied that all of this is the result of a fight between "our" world and an alternate reality that's more advanced than ours.

That concept is SO GODDAMN COOL that I'm still geeking out over it.

I followed it with my recording of last night's "Lost". It essentially covered backstory for Jin, one of my favorite characters, since the events at the end of season four. And it addressed Locke's leaving the island. There was a fair amount of cool in it and some frustrating crap mixed in.

It was an Abrams-themed evening of geeky goodness.

No comments: